Cattani has released the Aspi Aero 25 Extraoral Suction System our fight to reduce AGP’s in the surgery.
Viruses and other contaminants can quickly spread through the air in a dental office. Drilling and other procedures can increase the presence of airborne viruses. HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) is the gold standard in air filtration, across health care.
The Aspi Aero 25 extraoral suction system (or sometimes known as an air extraction or aerosol reduction unit) is a chairside unit, that incorporates high-velocity air excavation. When placed near to the patients collects the aerosol and avoids it entering the surgery. Cattani has developed the unit with an upgraded HEPA ‘H14’ filter, in line with requirements to reduce AGPs during the current COVID pandemic.
The Aspi Aero 25 is a machine specifically designed to capture 99% of the AGP aerosol at the source during the procedure.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Continuous Service – utilising a new generation of motors providing high airflow with continuous service to ensure long procedures are not interrupted or compromising patient or staff safety. No cool-down period needed. The unit is equipped with our new generation Uni Jet 75 1AC twin vane motor. This substantially increases airflow and delivers air velocity (at the 25mm nozzle for precision work) of 45m/s+. But also produces high negative pressure, unlike other available units. This is not like our regular 2V motors.
- High-Grade HEPA – with HEPA H14 high-efficiency filtration (certified to EN 1822-1 @ 99.995% efficiency) and offers a unique liquid draining system. It has a moisture separator that protects the HEPA H14 filter from moisture ingress and filter efficiency compromise.
- Sealed HEPA Filtration – this is vital to consider when comparing products, ensuring particles cannot escape around the filter. ‘Leakage’ is a common problem with some units.
- Increased Number of Air Changes in the Room – a calculation should be made on each room to ascertain how many times the airflow is changed. E.g.
i) 3000(L) x 3000(W) x 2500(H) = 22.5m3
ii) Airflow of the Cattani (depending on nozzle) divided by (size of the room) will give the number of times the air has been changed.
iii) 150m3/hour divided by 22.5m3 = 6.66 Times per hour.
iv) This is then added to normal change of air which has been defined at 6 times per hour.
v) The total number of times the air will be changed in the room is now is 12.6 time in 1 hour
- Easy to Clean and Maintain – This allows proper clean down using an atomiser cleaner sprayed into the nozzle when working (ECO JET 1 spray) after each patient without fear of saturating filter elements or having any drying time after each patient delaying further treatments. The moisture separator has a unique way of being emptied. A tap located on the outside of the unit has an adapter that fits the LVE (11mm) terminal on the tip support or chair and by opening the tap and turning the suction on, empties the moisture trap without the possibility of anything being spilt, contaminated or leaking into the system.
- Two Attachments to suit the Dental Profession – the extraoral suction dental unit is supplied with 2 attachments for the head; one like a large shield to help when only the practitioner is present and supports 4 handed dentistry, and the other a smaller 25mm nozzle to be more precise in location.
- Options for Extraction – Not all surgeries will have access to duct externally, the Aspi Aero can be vented internally (as it follows ISO requirements), or externally with the exhaust attachment included with the unit.
- Annual Maintenance Only – HEPA filter to be replaced/serviced annually
- Highly Durable Exterior – The cabinet is coated with Silver Ion BioCoat technology which delivers highly effective protection against microbes such as bacteria and mould.
- HEPA Certification – this is provided and you can keep with your risk assessments
- 2 Year Warranty
How can Hague Dental support you with this unit during this current pandemic?
Hague Dental is an authorised supplier and installs Cattani equipment in the UK.
Our dental engineering team is manufacturer trained and certified. We can provide installation, or supply only.
The Aspi Air 25 will be in our UK showrooms from the beginning of June for viewing.
STOCK WILL BE LIMITED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE DO CONTACT US ASAP IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ADVISE.
To see Jim Hague’s full report on ways to support you in returning to practice and reducing the risk, click here
Download the Brochure